Why I decided to file the defamation


By: Zahid Rameez


My opinion is not to write anything positive. If I do they all will gang up against me. The truth is me & blogger Yamin Rasheed had an argument back in the year 2011. That was against the LGBT and freedom of religion walk in Male City back then. But all these years past we did not have any conversation or anything. As far as I know he has never reported against me to any authorities.

When these people at social media started to blame me & spread false rumors connecting me to the blogger’s death, I informed police that I'm in a business trip in China and gave them my contact details and told them my date of arrival.

About the defamation; I don't believe they are commenting about food critics. How can they review that the owner has blood in his hand don't go to Newport due to that. The real action of these so called reviews is to damage the good reputation of a registered business in the Maldives under the established laws. Since blogger Yamin was murdered the defamation against me at social media by some people seems to be out of control. Islam teaches Muslims to refrain from defamation and slander, so I believe my defamation case is for the betterment of both sides.

How can they prove we are serving garbage as food? How can they tell we serve cockroaches or spoiled egg as breakfast? Do you believe these are honest food critic comments? The aim of a food critic is to analyze food or restaurants and then publishes the results of their findings. Most of all, food critics need to capture the taste, appearance, smell and texture of a dish in their reviews.

I have no criminal history! No police record. I'm not a suspect. So how can they point finger at me as a killer. This is the reason why I have decided to file the defamation.

To be honest the people behind the negative rumors are not our customers and they have been spreading hate against Newport from the time we started business.

As far as I have been informed our business is normal. So I believe every negative, has a positive side. Free advertisement. With the defamation case, I now have got a clear beautiful path for the future to follow.


Disclaimer: Above is an exclusive opinion written to Adamington Online by Mr.Zahid Rameez who is the Managing Director of Strada Private Limited, a multifaceted investment company established in the year 2014 with its key holdings in the food and beverage industry, brand franchising and event management in Maldives. Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Adamington Online’s point-of-view.

3 comments:

  1. So the inhuman death threats on your twitter don't count.
    This man is a sick human, someone who doesn't know right from wrong.

    This man publicly called out for the murder of Yameen Rasheed and he should be held accountable for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As far as I know he has never reported against me to any authorities" by you is a lie. A big lie. Yameen did tweet your threats via Twitter to Maldives Police Service. #BoycottNewPort

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To be honest the people behind the negative rumors are not our customers and they have been spreading hate against Newport from the time we started business."

    Dont be an idiot Zahid, no one had any personal issue against your or Newport prior to the murder, this isnt some personal agenda or taking advantage of a tragic situation to somehow bring down Newports reputation as you're trying to spin it. However, you have always been a bully on Twitter, your infamous tweets prove this (Telling people to kill themselves on suicide awareness day?) and no, please dont insult us by saying that they have been doctored.

    Dont even try to sugar coat your interaction with Yameen as a "disagreement" we've all seen the tweets, you publicly called for his death and stated how happy you were with the attack on Hilath Rasheed, you've talked about how all these attacks is not something done in secret. Again these are all tweets made by you which everyone has seen (though I'm sure you've deleted from your account by now).

    Such abhorrent behavior from an influential public figure, a business owner and a person involved in politics is highly unbecoming and simply unacceptable. Words have consequences. No one is saying that you personally murdered Yameen Rasheed, but you have encouraged and enabled anyone that may have wanted to do it and your previous tweets justified this current situation- Because you did say that he should be killed, did you not?

    You whine about defamation but you sat there and you cheered at the assault and murders of journalists and activists and called for further acts, all under the guise that you were being a good muslim. That is shameful and embarrassing. You should be ashamed at what you have done and the least you can do is apologize to the poor family of Yameen Rasheed. Have some empathy for your fellow brother and countryman.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

| Copyright © 2007 -2018 Adamington Online | Published By Adamington